On 13 May 2013, the winners for the preparation of promotional material for the lake got its big prize - a trip to the reserve with a leader ornithologist.
Student Competition for advertising and informational material for the lagoon lake was organized by the Natural History Museum Burgas in partnership with the Ministry of Education Inspectorate and Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation, with the support of the "Salt of Life", funded by the EU's LIFE +. The tour takes place thanks to the support of the Municipality.
Here is what tells Light Dalakchieva of Natural History and the "Salt of Life": "Despite forecasts for rain, nature was on our side and we were able to enjoy a few hours spent among birds in the lake. Our first stop was in the north salinas, where we went to the point - the traditional place to track the autumn migration. A female marsh harrier came so close to us that we do not have to use binoculars and tubes to look at it. Then we moved to Shelter for bird watching, located on the southern salinas. There from a very short distance we were able to meet with Avocets, Black-winged Stilt, Common Terns, Mallards, Shelduck, little Bella herons and spoonbills. "
The organizers have secured 10 binoculars and optical tube for bird watching and explained to the children how to use binoculars, how to behave and how to set its focus.
159 children from schools in Burgas and gr.Karnobat participated in the contest in January, but only princes in the four categories were invited to the ornithological excursion to the lake. These are:
1. Project Postcard - Christina Shopov - School "St. Kliment Ohridski "Burgas
2. Project folder - Marie Dapcheva - PS "Peyo Iavorov" Burgas
3. Project brochure - Krasimir Popov, Valentina Angelkova Nina Georgieva Georgieva Joanna, Antoinette Toneva Siana Kehayova Maya Gajtandzhieva Natalie Angelova, Emil Ivanov, Wieliczka Sims Zlatina Kostova Antoinette Karagyozova from school "Brothers Miladinovi" Burgas, with director Emil Genov
4. Project Audio clip - Dinko Petrov - PGEE "Konstantin Luxor" Burgas
5. Special awards - Biljana Georgieva - PMG "Obreshkov" Burgas and Ovcharov - School "St. Knyaz Boris I"
Pamela Grozeva of DC "Sv.N. Miracle Worker "and school" Peyo Iavorov "led by Ivanka Georgieva will receive identifier birds.
The best projects are posted on the website of the "salt of life" of the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation - www.saltoflif.biodiversity.bg